Youth Development Project
Project Overview –
BEDCO initiated the Youth Development Project to curb the unemployment rate of youth in Lesotho. The project also responds to pillar 1 of NSDP II: Promoting Inclusive and Sustainable Economic Growth and Private Sector-led Job Creation. It focuses on entrepreneurship development of Basotho youth and start-ups through the two main workstreams: Access to Finance and Business Incubation
- To facilitate access to formal financial services to youth.
- To provide an array of business development services to youth owned businesses.
- To establish sector specific incubators in textile and technology for youth.
Project Streams -
- Business Plan Competitions
- Incubation and Mentorship
- Business Idea Pitching